Sunday, July 31, 2016

Farewell to Sydney

It was with mixed feelings that I attended my last Sydney shoot accompanied by a dear kindred spirit. Ruth and I always have such fun together and I was keen to show her a foggy lagoon in the Richmond Lowlands. In spite of this plan being thwarted it was a wonderful way to say farewell photographically speaking to some of my favourite haunts, laughing our way through the day and simply being thankful for the solace provided by the unbeatable combination of easy friendship and Mother Nature.

Travelling along the freeway we were treated to an unexpected magnificent sunrise. We were lucky enough to find somewhere to pull over and take a phone shot.
 Perhaps this was Mother Nature's apology in advance for her failure to provide me with the foggy morning I'd so desired.
The Richmond lowlands are renowned for their wonderful foggy dawns and Yarramundi Lagoon provides a great opportunity to walk on a strip on land right in the middle of the Nepean River with many comps possible. The reality was nothing like the expectation. Flood waters appeared to have washed away the old jetty (photographed on a previous trip)
 and access to the landmass was blocked by swirling waters. In spite of the absence of fog, the lagoon yielded some wonderful reflection shots, so our quest was not completely fruitless.

No comments:

Post a Comment